- Regulation (EC) 428/2009 (consolidated text in force 31/12/2019) is the reference text. Annex I (text in force since 31/12/2020), which concerns the list of controlled items, is updated annually by Commission Delegated Regulation to reflect changes in control regimes. Annexes IIA to IIF define six Union General Export Authorisations (EU001 to EU006) facilitating exports for certain types of goods, destinations or types of transactions.
National control initiatives
- on the export of helicopters and their spare parts to non-EU countries. List of countries concerned by the helicopter order : decision of 12 September 2019, JORF No. 0221 of 22 September 2019.
- Order of 31 July 2014 on exports of tear gas and riot control agents to non-EU countries.
- Decree No. 2020-1481 of 30 November 2020 on a national measure authorized by paragraph 3 of Article 6 of Council Regulation (EC) No. 428/2009 of 5 May 2009 setting up a Community regime for the control of exports, transfers, brokering and transit of dual-use items.
National general export authorisations
- on the general "aeronautical equipment" authorisation, "Exports of dual-use items for the repair of civil aircraft"
- on the general licence "dual-use goods for French armed forces"
- on the general licence "Fairs and Exhibitions" "Exports and transfers within the European Union of dual-use goods imported for the holding of fairs and exhibitions under the temporary admission customs procedure"
- , as amended, on the general licence for the export of industrial goods subject to Community strategic control, and its
- , as amended, on the export of dual-use chemical goods and on the general licence for "chemical products"
- , as amended by the on the general licence "biological products" for the export of certain genetic elements and genetically modified organisms
- , as amended, relating to the general "graphite" licence for the export of nuclear-grade graphite.
Legislation governing applications of controls in France
- of 13 December 2001, as amended, on the control of exports, imports and transfers of dual-use goods and technologies
- on the national remit service called “the dual-use goods department”
- establishing an interministerial commission on dual-use goods (CIBDU)
- on the control of exports, imports and transfers of dual-use items and restrictive measures against Syria, Iran and Russia
- , as amended, on the control of exports to non-EU countries and the transfer to the Member States of the European Community of dual-use goods and technology
- on the issue of an international import licence and a delivery verification certificate for the import of dual-use goods and technology
- on the import and export of Schedule 1 products and the export of Schedule 3 products under the Convention of 13 January 2003 on the Prohibition of the Development, Production, Stockpiling and Use of Chemical Weapons and on their Destruction
Edited on 06/01/2021